RE: Pt./Pd. question acid pre-soak

From: Eric Neilsen ^lt;e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 08/12/05-10:18:27 AM Z

Bob, In the test that I ran on the theory of acid pre treatment, I made a 2%
solution of Oxalic acid and coated it on with a brush. I dried that paper
and then coated it normally. As we can see that is quite different that a
soak in an acid bath.

I also was trying this on papers that already worked well for my process.
There are times when I'll try and make a paper work but it would need to be
quite specific.

It would be quite interesting to note the change in pH of your solution
before and after to see at what point it stops being effective.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226
214-827-8301