acid pre-soak

From: jude.taylor@comcast.net
Date: 08/15/05-12:32:06 PM Z

Regarding the earlier post suggesting acids and their respective concentrations for pre-soaking paper for cyanotype and other processes, acetic acid wasn't mentioned. Is acetic acid in the form of white vinegar - grocery store brand - as effective as citric acid for a pre-soak? I have been using diluted white vinegar (10 mls / 2 L diH20) as a dunk before the tap water rinse...and the tray is blue-stained forever...so would prefer to used this as I have plenty on hand.

What I plan to pre-soak is a small supply of printmaking and other fine art papers that have moved around the country with me during the past 20 years. I think it is about time to use them (smiles), but am no longer sure if they are buffered, sized, etc. or even where I purchased them, except for the Twinrocker handmades that I purchased "on site" when I lived in Indianapolis, which shouldn't need soaking. A couple pieces are Winsor Newton, probably watercolor papers.

Thanks!
Judy

--
Judy Rowe Taylor