RE: acid pre-soak

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 08/15/05-01:00:36 PM Z

Judy, are you using digital negatives or printing in-camera negatives? If
you're using digital negatives try to calibrate without using acetic or
citric acid. These acids both changed the color of my cyanotypes (no lovely
prussian blue anymore, something else) on every paper that I was using (not
many though). I didn't like the resulting colors. I also found that midtone
separation is affected negatively. I happen to like the relatively high
contrast nature of cyanotypes, so acid treatment is not my cup of tea.

Regards,
Loris.