RE: acid pre-soak

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 08/15/05-06:22:05 PM Z

All these are relative terms, but EDTA is more likely to interfare with
the process than oxalic, citric, acetic, sulfuric, and other acids
mentioned here. EDTA has 6 sites (4 carboxyl groups and 2 nitrogens)
available to bind with iron pretty strongly. At this point, it's pretty
clear that it is the acid that is relevant, not chelation for iron. If I
were doing this myself, I would pick an acid that is easy to handle and
has little or no interference with the process being used.