RE: acid pre-soak

From: Etienne Garbaux ^lt;photographeur@softhome.net>
Date: 08/15/05-07:22:25 PM Z

Ryuji wrote:

> If I were doing this myself, I would pick an acid that is easy to
> handle and has little or no interference with the process being used.

For maximum solubility of the neutralized calcium (so that it can be
rinsed away readily), nitric (1 or 2%) and hydrochloric (2%) acids are
indicated. I have found that citric acid is good enough in this regard,
although the solubility of calcium citrate is little more than
"slightly soluble," so it presumably requires a more thorough rinse.

Best regards,

etienne