Re: Physics of optics

From: R B ^lt;radiator_barfknecht@yahoo.com>
Date: 08/17/05-08:22:50 AM Z

--- Barry Kleider <bkleider@sihope.com> wrote:

> Anyone on the list have experience teaching the physics of optics to
> high school students?
>
> I'm looking for some fun activities I can use to show the properties
> of
> lenses.
>
> Obviously, there's the pinhole camera....
[snip]

My favorite jumping off spot for explaining science subjects is
http://www.amasci.com/
The search feature is Google powered and rather extensive.
You might have luck with the explanations and misconceptions of lens
and pinhole optics; hand drawn holograms; tri color projectors; and a
variety of external links.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs