Re: usage [wasRE: photogravure veryOff topic]

From: SteveS ^lt;sgshiya@redshift.com>
Date: 08/18/05-11:46:29 PM Z

Yes. Some ten or so years ago.

What I found facinating was the recognition of the romantic language rules
into our English language IN MY TIME.

Not that it was more than finding out the earth was not flat, as in the day
of Colombus.

Let me try: The editor liked my article, and they sent a checque to pay me
for it. Or: One kind mother let me play in the vacant lot, now with their
permission I can get dirty. And: The executor of the estate has all
authority, but they must follow the rules set forth in the trust document.

Each camera is made by one person by hand, so they know every piece and all
of the materials that makes up this tool.

So, what's the difference between the checque and a check?

S. Shapiro