Chrome alum sizing

From: gdimase@hotmail.com
Date: 08/19/05-03:58:32 PM Z

Hi,
I didn't get any feed back so I went back to the list files since 1996 and did not find too much on chrome alum ratio's sizing.
Just sideline comments.
As a conclusion it sounds that Jill is right to add a 2 per 1000, somewhere else I found other people working up to 5 per 1000 and others went down to 1 per 1000.
Usually people don't like it when working with gum bichromate (increasing chrome component and staining) and truly the sized paper doesn't look smooth and sometimes even dirty.
It looks that PVA has a better future against this old chemical mainly on large prints.
Giovanni