Re: Chrome alum sizing

From: wcharmon@wt.net
Date: 08/22/05-09:58:13 AM Z

I recently did some gumovers with 1% chrome alum and 3% gelatin in the sizing.
My experience was mixed. First, I found I had to be very careful about evenly
coating the paper, because the sizing has a bluish cast that is quite
noticeable in any drips and runs. Secondly, it caused MUCH worse dichromate
staining, which made it hard to judge how far into the highlights I was
actually getting some pigment. Fortunately, the staining was easily removed
with potassium metabisulfite.

Clay
Quoting gdimase@hotmail.com: