RE: Sources for wet plate collodion chemicals

From: D. Mark Andrews ^lt;mark@dragonbones.com>
Date: 08/25/05-09:27:59 PM Z

My understanding is that Sodium Cyanide is NOT an option for wet plate
fixing. Have never taken the time ask WHY, but I've seen this posted several
times before on the Civil War Nuts wet plate site.

You can brighten your image a bit if you use hypo by adding a drop or two of
your silver nitrate solution to the shot of developer before flowing it over
the plate. Also, I've read that you can use a drop of nitric acid in the
developer yielding similar results.

Mark