RE: Sources for wet plate collodion chemicals

From: Best, Dianne ^lt;dbest@hydro.mb.ca>
Date: 08/31/05-05:59:07 AM Z

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Zentena [mailto:zentena@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 11:01 AM
To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
Subject: Re: Sources for wet plate collodion chemicals

On Tuesday 30 August 2005 10:01, Best, Dianne wrote:
> I got a price quote from Anichemia on a bunch of different wet plate
> collodion chemicals and did a per-unit comparison with JD Photo Chem
> and Photographer's Formulary (including conversion to Canadian
> dollars) and Anichemia is certainly price competitive. The only
> negative for Anichemia, being a lab supplier, is that their standard
> packages tend to be larger.

        Are you saying a similar sized package is a similar price? Cool.
The more
choice the better.

        Nick

Yup, that's what I am saying - price per gram or ml (or whatever) is
comparable. On some things one source is a little more, less on other
chemicals. Of the 5 chemicals I priced, Anachemia was cheapest on two of
them but all three were "neck to neck" in pricing though Anachemia's
standard package size is often 2 to 5 times larger than the other two
(which makes sense).

 Anachemia has outlets in B.C., Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, and Quebec.
The do, however, have a $75 minimum order for counter sales (at least
here in Winnipeg).

Choice is good, especially when you consider shipping costs!

Di