Re: Using Polaroid SX-70 film with modern cameras

From: Argon3@aol.com
Date: 08/26/05-07:21:38 AM Z

Actually, you might wnat to check out the procedure for using time-zero in a
camera designed for the "600" type film...I think that it mighyt be the other
way around...that the 600 film is faster than the time zero and that the ND
filters are needed to use 600 film in a time zero camera. I have to confess
that I haven't tried this personally but I have one of the nice time zero
cameras that I picked up at a garage sale and a couple of the less deluxe ones that
people have just plain given me over the years and I know that I've read
articles on using the 600 film in these. My understanding is that you need some
kind of a guide to slip the 600 film into a time zero camera or it hangs up and
that you need to correct the exposure to correct for the faster 600 type
film.

If you keep your eyes open, you might be able to find one of the "alpha" type
time zero cameras around somewhere...they are possibly the best thing that
polaroid ever built: SLR viewing, focusable lens (that 10 inches to infinity
thing) and that "plastic that looks like brushed stainless steel" bodey with the
tan calfskin covering...AND they look like Polaroid actually engaged the
services of a real industrial designer for this one.

start here:

http://www.chemie.unibas.ch/%7Eholder/SX70.html

and best of luck with your stash of film...it has a really unique look even
for polaroid.

best

argon