RE: Sources for wet plate collodion chemicals

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 08/26/05-08:57:46 PM Z

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, D. Mark Andrews wrote:
> Perhaps "nut" is an insult where you reside, but in California we are
> all nuts and take great pride in it. We also like nerd.

That's extremely interesting Mark -- the part about Nerd. What would you
say it means now? (Offlist, if you prefer.) Last week I photographed a
fellow with "NERD" in giant letters on his T-shirt. He seemed quite proud
of it. I asked him where he got the shirt and he said his girlfriend gave
it to him because, "I'm always reading and writing."

The last I heard, "Nerd" meant hopeless, um, Dweeb? Creep? Schlemiel?
Now it seems to have crept, and means, what?.... "wonk"? "egghead"?

Whatever, thanks for the heads up.

J.