Re: Sources for wet plate collodion chemicals (WOT)

From: Phillip Murphy ^lt;pmurf@bellsouth.net>
Date: 08/27/05-12:39:34 AM Z

Wikipedia has a full page on the subject: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerd

"A nerd is an intelligent person fascinated by knowledge and learning.
Nerd, as a stereotypical or archetypal designation, refers to people of
above-average intelligence whose interests (often in science and
mathematics) are not shared by mainstream society. People designated as
nerds may also exhibit such traits as pedantry, obesity, myopia,
ungainliness, social awkwardness, or a gaunt physique. However,
beginning in the late 1990s, many nerds on the Internet reclaimed the
word nerd as a badge of pride and began using it as a positive
description of a technically-competent person. Although traditionally
used to describe men and boys, the terms "nerd" and "geek" have been
adopted by many women interested in technology, science, mathematics and
other typically male-dominated intellectual fields as badges of their
accomplishments in these areas."