RE: poster printing

From: Baird, Darryl ^lt;dbaird@umflint.edu>
Date: 08/28/05-07:25:38 AM Z

RE: "The e-mail was not Spam, but a polite and honest question, even
if naive and/or misplaced."

I'm not certain one can so quickly assert quilt or innocence with
these types of messages. On one hand it takes some effort to join the
list, so the SPAM isn't so effortless. On the other hand, the newest
phenomenon to emerge on the Internet is just this type of unethical
usage known as "comment spam" which seeks to drive page ranking stats
higher on a given site in order to appear nearer the top of Google
(and other's) search list. It has become the latest bad boy (& girl)
behaviour on the web and it mostly seen on BLOG sites. One of my
favorites (film and culture) BLOG sites has suffered recently from
these innocuous comments which ALWAYS have links to other sites, which
ALWAYS are unrelated in any way to the BLOG content.

Unless the original poster returns to clarify, I would have to be very
suspicious of this post. HELL, I'M JUST VERY SUSPICIOUS OF
EVERYTHING...

Darryl Baird