Re: CURRENT USES FOR HOLOGRAPHY (was: Sources for wet plate collodion chemicals)

From: MARTINM ^lt;martinm@SoftHome.net>
Date: 08/30/05-12:30:10 AM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "BOB KISS" <bobkiss@caribsurf.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 1:35 PM
Subject: CURRENT USES FOR HOLOGRAPHY (was: Sources for wet plate collodion
chemicals)

> DEAR RYUJI,
> In one of my previous incarnations (even before fashion photographer)
while
> at RIT I worked summers at GE in Schenectady using holography to do
> vibration analysis of turbine blades. From time to time I made some
> "personal" holograms.
> What current and future uses are foreseen for holography. I understand
> that it is being considered for data storage...what else?
> Who is currently making and marketing holographic plates?
> CHEERS!
> BOB

Bob, HOEs (Holographic optical elements) might remain an important field of
application. E.g. many LCD displays have a HOE for more efficient LCD
illumination.

Regarding your question about recording materials, you'll get silver halide
emulsions from:
www.slavich.com
www.colourholographic.com
www.ultimate-holography.com