Re: PURE COLLODION & ALT IN FT LAUDERDALE; WAS Sources for wet plate collodion chemicals

From: Joe Smigiel ^lt;jsmigiel@kvcc.edu>
Date: 08/30/05-12:17:55 PM Z

Try the following online source. They are supposed to have the fairly
inexpensive pure collodion available in various quantities.

http://www.mavidon.com/productareas/astronomy.php?sid=a23ffd8602eb0f955634e1e692813980

Joe

>>> bobkiss@caribsurf.com 08/30/05 11:19 AM >>>
DEAR LIST,
        I have not been following this thread...forgive me. I will be
in the Fort Lauderdale area the third week of September. Anyone know
where I can get pure collodion? Most pharmacies sell it with additives
to make it more flexible like camphor and such. I use it to clean first
surface mirrors such as in single lens reflex cameras. I paint it on,
wait for it to dry, then carefully life one corner and peal it off. Any
additives leave a greasy looking film on the mirrors. I learned this
caring for first surface mirrors when doing holography at GE in the
early 70s.
        Alzo, any alt photo shows to be seen in the Ft. Lauderdale area?
                                CHEERS!
                                        BOB

 Please check my website: http://www.bobkiss.com/