Re: Using Polaroid SX-70 film with modern cameras

From: Argon3@aol.com
Date: 08/31/05-12:28:43 PM Z

Well...you could return the film....or you could scan it and do the
manipulations with that "liquify" function that Photoshop has. I know that it would
be cheating but to me part of that polaroid manipulation look was based on the
look of the polaroid image when it was un-manipulated. The undulations
created by manipulating the emulsion just seemed to be enhancements to that image's
"look"...I wish that I could find the correct words to describe the qualities
that I'm refering to...there was a certain "roundness" to them and the color
seemed to lean toward earthier tones. I've worked on movie shoots where
polaroids were used as references to maintain continuity between shots and some of
those images were really striking by themselves without any manipulation.

I know that using photoshop would be terribly "un-alt", but you might
consider trying it on a couple of images just for the hell of it...it seems unlikely
that we'll be seeing any manipulable polaroid coming along in the future.

best

argon