Re: bellows extension

From: Wayne D ^lt;wdewitt@snip.net>
Date: 12/02/05-03:48:28 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "SteveS" <sgshiya@redshift.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 1:19 PM
Subject: Re: bellows extension

.
> the ratio is 4=one stop or two times the distance equals one click, which
is
> actually a half of a stop.

Don't know what you're trying to say here (what's a "diopter ring"?) but a
lens with an infinity backfocus distance of 3.5", when extended to 7" from
the film plane, will project an image that will cover 4x the area of the
image that is projected when focused at infinity. That requires a 2 stop
adjustment.

Wayne