Re: An Ebay experiment

From: John Ptak ^lt;3legskilled@thesciencebookstore.com>
Date: 12/03/05-12:08:25 PM Z

Hello Jonathan.
One thing to keep in mind about ebay is that it tends in the very large
majority towards a flee-markety attitude. On the other hand even if 99% of
the folks on their are bobbing for nickel apples that leftover 1% is still a
very large number. A few other things to keep in mind, though, to avoid
unpleasant experiences: identify the absolute lowest price that you are
willing to sell an image for and then add the 15% or so for the costs that
will be incurred by ebay's bite, postage and the like; identify all of your
terms of production to avoid having to answer too many questions about your
work. I of course do not know what works on ebay even though I've had
500-odd experiences with the little beast...what works today might not work
even later today. One never knows. Ebay might well provide a revenue flow
of some sort or not. It is certainly worth a try.
Good luck,
and best wishes,
John Ptak