Re: son of a gum tonal inversion test

From: Joe Smigiel ^lt;jsmigiel@kvcc.edu>
Date: 12/06/05-11:05:53 PM Z

>>> zphoto@montana.net 12/06/05 10:40 PM >>>
>>Why on EARTH your numbers that should be black are white...I'm gonna
guess
that you had enough exposure to keep the pigment from sinking into the
paper
but not enough to have any of the stuff stay on during development.
chris <<

Chris,

Ahhh, but the numbers on the wedge have the same density as step #1 and
therefore should print at the maximum value. Also, since some pigment
is being trapped where the circles are, the surrounded area would tend
to be anchored to it, assuming it received the maximum exposure that it
did. If the circles were totally white the numbers would be more like
islands and might not be anchored as well.

This effect makes absolutely no sense to me.

Joe