Re: correctiion of typo in terry king's website was searching for the elusive

From: Peter Marshall ^lt;petermarshall@cix.co.uk>
Date: 12/13/05-04:03:19 PM Z

I really fail to get your point. The process has been described in
outline so that anyone who wants to can take a few hours (or days?) and
get it working. If you want a minutely detailed step by step you might
need to go to a workshop, or find someone who could be bothered to spend
a long time writing down all the details. Then you might buy the book or
magazine that they had written in (just as people bought 'The Keepers of
Light' or 'Post Factory') when it is finished (and such a work will be
available shortly.) But what exactly is it that you want to know that
was not revealed at APIS 2004 etc (or didn't you bother to go to any of
these so you could criticise in absentia?)

You can hardly blame Terry (or me) for the fact that you are clueless,
when the ground has been littered with clues, and I fail to see any
relevance in Portland. Is there some hidden meaning in this unknown to
those of us unfamiliar with Portland. Cement getting between the ears
perhaps:-)

Let me put it again very simply. Paper. Sensitise with a standard ferric
oxalate solution. Expose by contact as normal. Then treat with solution
of metal salt (silver, platinum, palladium, gold... or perhaps
ferricyanide.) Wash. Dry. Admire. That's what I did 15 years ago, (for
platinum, kallitype, satista and chrysotype) and I'll be surprised if
Terry is doing anything radically different now.

Regards,

Peter

Peter Marshall
petermarshall@cix.co.uk