Re: Sizing paper with gum and dichromate, was Re: glut

From: Yves Gauvreau ^lt;gauvreau-yves@sympatico.ca>
Date: 12/15/05-05:18:38 PM Z

Katharine,

I wouldn't say that just yet because I wasn't exposing for clear gum, I was
trying to get as many steps as possible and for this I exposed for up to 2
hours which is about 30-60 times more that what you usually do if I recall
correctly. I fact I wasn't even using gum at some point, just exploring the
dichromate by itself.

As for being curious, well I plead guilty your honor. Though I find this a
bit weird that the gum universe is so poorly defined and understoud compared
with other process, it wont stop me, at least not yet.

Maybe you could start thinking about the day when someone will ask you "What
makes a "gum print" a gum print???" I'm sure the person who will interview
you someday will find something much better then this to ask you but I'm
sure you get the idea.

Regards
Yves

PS I got your messages (2) both on the list and in my regular mail???