Re: Nickel???

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 12/15/05-09:02:49 PM Z

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Michael Koch-Schulte wrote:

> If I recall correctly, I think it's the color of nickel toner that's not
> very appealing to most.

Dallas Simpson published an article about nickel toning maybe 10 years ago
in England -- which magazine I forget, tho maybe Liam recalls.

I used a somewhat different nickel toner, which was activated by dimethyl
glyoxime. It was used to imitate full color in a complcated early process,
along with a supposedly yellow toner & a blue toner in levels...... but if
you didn't bleach out the underlying black with just the nickel toner, it
made some very nice tones.

Beyond that though, I see no use for it, and don't know about archivality,
a bigger thing now than in days of yore.

J.