Film Scanner Questions

From: Schuyler Grace ^lt;schuyler@bellsouth.net>
Date: 12/18/05-12:12:40 PM Z

Never having used or seen one, I was wondering how the film adapters for
standard flatbed scanners work. Are they just some sort of film holder with
a mirror (maybe surface coated or with frosted glass) on the opposite side
of the film from the scanner head? Has anyone of the list ever successfully
built one? Eventually, I'd like to get an old drum scanner--everybody knows
film is all but dead, so they should be coming on the used market for a song
shortly ;^)--but until then, I want to play with my cheap flatbed and try
scanning up to 8x10 film.

TIA for any advice!

-Schuyler