RE: Film Scanner Questions

From: Schuyler Grace ^lt;schuyler@bellsouth.net>
Date: 12/18/05-03:54:03 PM Z

Thanks, all, for the scanner info. I didn't realize the flatbed film
scanners actually shine light through the film directly, and it makes sense
that bouncing light up through the film and back down, again, would result
in a degraded image. I may still play with it, though, to see if anything
"artistic" turns up. Since I don't shoot anything smaller than 8x10
(inches) anymore, I was looking for a cheap way to do big scans and get my
feet wet in the digital world.