Re: gum printing color combinations

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 12/20/05-02:08:40 PM Z

On Dec 20, 2005, at 11:45 AM, Judy Seigel wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Christina Z. Anderson wrote:
>
>> ...-I love Rowney Permanent Yellow PY138. It is a brilliant middle
>> yellow. Worth buying. It is also available by Fragonard, Permanent
>> Lemon Yellow I think it is called.
>
> That's the yellow I've used since the beginning (& come back to after
> trying others), or is if it's still the pigment so named I bought a
> batch
> of back in the day. But, FWIW, I seem to recall that Wilcox in his
> first edition questioned archivality, tho Rowney gave it top rating.

Actually I believe the Rowney Permanent Yellow that Judy bought "back
in the day" was PY1, a pigment of questionable permanence. (I love it
when manufacturers name an impermanent pigment "permanent." ) Rowney
changed the pigment sometime along the way, but didn't change the name
of the paint.
Katharine