Pigment stain on sized paper

From: Kate Mocak ^lt;kate_mocak@zoznam.sk>
Date: 12/27/05-03:20:14 AM Z

Hi all,

I'm new here in the community and also a beginner in gum printing (have
been doing it for about a year).

I've been using 'non-standard' papers such as Guardi Artistico, Ecus
Gaugin, etc.(because the recommended brands such as Rives BFK, Fabriano,
etc. are not available locally).

Recently I bought a batch of Canson Montval 300g, I sized and hardened it
(3% gel., 2% formaldehyde), but I still get very strong pigment stain. I
wonder if you have similar experience with this paper, or maybe some other
brands, and if there's a way to overcome this problem. Otherwise I made a
wrong investment and cannot use the paper at all.

Thanks for your advice!
Kate

Poznáš najlepší magazín o bývaní?
http://mojdom.zoznam.sk