Re: Autoclaving gum and gelatin

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 02/02/05-10:14:19 PM Z

Well, deja vu all over again. I thought we had
put this puppy to rest with previous discussions.
My experience is that raising the temperature of
a gelatin solution to 140º F for a relatively
short period of time (say two hours or less) does
not break it down. However, if one were to keep
the temperature of the gelatin at 140º F or
higher for a long period of time (four hours or
more) , or go through several cycles of heating
and cooling the solution, it will break down.

Sandy