Re: glyoxal yellowing

From: Kees Brandenburg ^lt;ctb@zeelandnet.nl>
Date: 02/03/05-09:40:14 AM Z

Chris,
As you can see there was some yellowing measured in my rinsed paper too
(Y 0.08, maybe not significant) and a yellowing at the borders. I never
noticed any grittines with glyoxal (15 or 25 ml per liter). I even went
back to formalin for that for some time. But, that really awfull!
Couldn't imagine I used that for many years.

As I am doing gum workshops on a regular base I have allways a lot of
sized paper around. In the end I find the very slight (rinsed glyoxal)
yellowing acceptable but still have to see if the finished prints
continue to yellow and if there is a relation between exposure to light
and yellowing. My samples were kept in the dark.

About the Maco Geladur glutaraldehyde: these percentages are frome the
Maco safety sheet.

Next weeks I will be sizing again and I will try to find some Fabriano
Artistico EW here. I do have some old Fabriano Uno and Rives BFK and
will make samples of these too. And do some test printing on the
glut-papers (Fabriano Uno hot pressed).

Kees