was: glyoxal yellowing now: How do you know it's hard?

From: clay ^lt;wcharmon@wt.net>
Date: 02/03/05-11:26:12 AM Z

The whole gelatin hardening debate makes me wonder if there is any real easy
way to tell if it(the gelatin) is hardened enough. Is it an on/off thing,
where it is either hardened or not, or are there degrees of hardness? My
question is asked because the amount of hardening agent should ideally be
just the minimum needed to cause the gelatin to harden enough to keep
highlights nice and clean.

On another note, can someone point me toward a source for glut? I seem to
recall this being mentioned on the list about 6 or so months ago, but I
can't find it, and I'm feeling lazy.

Thanks,

Clay