Re: alkaline fixer TF-3

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 02/04/05-11:49:23 AM Z

From: Jack Fulton <jefulton1@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: alkaline fixer TF-3
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 09:13:37 -0800

> I see that Michael Healy kindly provided the formula. It is sort of
> stinky and some have worried a bit about softer emulsions.

I talked to Bill Troop about why he made fixers that way. He had
something else in mind, but anyway, I don't recommend TF-3.

A perfectly practical nonacid fixing bath can be made by mixing 120g
ammonium thiosulfate (200ml of 60% solution), 15g sodium sulfite, and
5g sodium metabisulfite in water to make one liter. The pH is about
7.0.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"People seldom do what they believe in.  They do what is convenient,