Re: alkaline fixer TF-3

From: Richard Knoppow ^lt;dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
Date: 02/04/05-03:41:12 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryuji Suzuki" <rs@silvergrain.org>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: alkaline fixer TF-3

> From: Private Address <dfoy@privateaddress.net>
> Subject: Re: alkaline fixer TF-3
> Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 14:08:54 -0700
>
>> To my knowledge, TF-3 is a proprietary mixture and the
>> formula has
> not been disclosed.
>
> You are most likely talking about TF-4.
> Formula for TF-3 is published.
> --
> Ryuji Suzuki
> "People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is
> convenient,
> then repent." (Bob Dylan, Brownsville Girl, 1986)

   I've posted my little essay on alkaline fixers many times
and won't repeat it here. Suffice it to say that there is no
advantage as far as wash times for B&W processing provided a
wash aid is used. The only application for non-acid fixer
(and neutral will do) is in color processing where the dyes
are of the kind that are decolorized by acid. This may also
be true of pyro stain but pyro stain is not a dye.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com