Re: Camera light leak (was: Re: Autoclaving...)

From: Etienne Garbaux ^lt;photographeur@softhome.net>
Date: 02/09/05-12:58:26 AM Z

Katharine wrote:

> Now, if someone could help me figure out where the light leak in my new
> pinhole camera is coming from, which has been making me tear my hair out
> for two days, I'd be in business.

The best way I've found to find light leaks in cameras is to put a nice,
bright light bulb inside the camera and take it into the darkroom.
Depending on the camera, this can be a 100w bulb on a cord, or a high
intensity flashlight bulb on pigtail leads. You don't absolutely have to
seal the whole body for most leaks -- they can be apparent even with the
back off. For tiny leaks, you may have to seal it up correspondingly more
to spot them.

Best regards,

etienne