Re: Autoclaving gum and gelatin

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 02/08/05-07:19:24 PM Z

Hi Chris and all,

As far as I am concerned there is no heat to this issue. I simply
disagreed with Judy on an issue and made my views known in what I
considered, and still consider, to be a civil manner.

On one point, however, I would like to provide some clarification. It
is true that I am not a gum printer at this time and don't generally
involve myself in discussions about gum, but that does not mean I
totally ignorant of the mechanism of the process. In fact, I have
made quite a number (in the dozens and dozens if not hundreds) of
three-color gum prints, using both in-camera separations and enlarged
separation negatives. And, even though that experience is now well
in the past, I remember much of it very well and have a better than
fair understanding of most of the important issues involved in gum
printing.

And to put matters in perspective, some of the best gum prints I have
seen are those that did not use any gelatin sizing at all.

Sandy