Thanks to all (was - RE: My first attempt - digital negatives.)

From: Ehud Yaniv ^lt;eyaniv@telus.net>
Date: 02/13/05-04:45:27 PM Z

Hi again to everyone.

I just wanted to say thanks for all of the good advice. I will be lowering
the enlarger head and reducing the magenta to 0 (for a start.)

I should just clarify, however, a couple of points from my email. First,
the darkroom belongs to the college so I cannot make any changes in bulb, or
anything else, for that matter. As a student, I get what I get. Second,
the dodging and burning I mentioned in my PS was related to darkroom work in
general, not to the digital negative which had corrections made in Photoshop
CS. That dodging and burning was the subject of last Wednesday's lesson in
the basic darkroom course. Finally, the darkroom instructor suggested that
I add the magenta filter (though he has no experience with digital
negatives.)

The digital negative I was working on had curves applied for contrast and
was printed using the printer settings suggested by Burkholder in his Inkjet
Negative Companion.

Again, I appreciate all of the suggestions which will become part of my
workflow when I get my own darkroom.

Ehud