Re: "blacklight" tubes and light sources in general

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@CLEMSON.EDU>
Date: 02/14/05-12:35:19 PM Z

Iain,

The difference between normal output 20w and 40w tubes is length,
i.e. the 24" tubes put out 20 watts, the 48" tubes, which are twice
as long, put out twice as much. But there is no advantage to the
longer tube except that you can expose a larger print with them.

There are of course such things as high output (40 watt 24" tubes)
and very high output (75 watt 24" tubes) but they require special
ballast and the gain in printing time is not worth the extra expense
(which is considerable), IMO.

Sandy