RE: Cy DeCosse gum prints & Keith Taylor

From: Don Bryant ^lt;dstevenbryant@mindspring.com>
Date: 02/15/05-09:37:02 AM Z

Joe,

> I just stumbled across this gum bichromate work by Cy Decosse when
> surfing the web this morning and was very impressed. However, I've
> never heard of the artist before. Anyone on list know anything about
> him or in contact with him?

There was a bit of noise about DeCosse 2 or 3 years ago after he had an
exhibit of botanicals printed in plt/pld. I believe he even visited Dick
Sullivan and Melody Bostick at their home in Santa Fe showing the portfolio.
I don't recall who the plt/pld printer may have been, but this URL suggests
that he was the printer - http://www.santafephotogallery.com/?r=6&a=CD . I
believe at that time his botanicals were debuted by the John Stevenson
gallery.

> The gallery blurb also mentions something
> about "his studio artisan and master printer, Keith Taylor," another
> person I've never heard of. Anyone know of his history or work?

Here is Taylor's web site URL:

http://www.keithtaylorphoto.com

Don Bryant