Re: Cy DeCosse gum prints & Keith Taylor

From: Pete Bergstrom ^lt;bergstro@usa.net>
Date: 02/15/05-10:04:52 AM Z

"Don Bryant" <dstevenbryant@mindspring.com> wrote:
>> I just stumbled across this gum bichromate work by Cy Decosse when
>> surfing the web this morning and was very impressed. However, I've
>> never heard of the artist before. Anyone on list know anything about
>> him or in contact with him?
>
> There was a bit of noise about DeCosse 2 or 3 years ago after he had an
> exhibit of botanicals printed in plt/pld. I believe he even visited Dick
> Sullivan and Melody Bostick at their home in Santa Fe showing the
> portfolio.
> I don't recall who the plt/pld printer may have been, but this URL
> suggests
> that he was the printer - http://www.santafephotogallery.com/?r=6&a=CD . I
> believe at that time his botanicals were debuted by the John Stevenson
> gallery.
>
>> The gallery blurb also mentions something
>> about "his studio artisan and master printer, Keith Taylor," another
>> person I've never heard of. Anyone know of his history or work?
>
> Here is Taylor's web site URL:
>
> http://www.keithtaylorphoto.com

I believe I've met Keith a time or two. One time I remember he was showing
his own photographs at a local gallery and was introduced as DeCosse's
platinum printer. Keith's work was very good and he was amassing a very high
quality body of work. DeCosse has much higher name recognition, though.

Pete (in St. Paul)