RE: Correction !: ULF lens wanted

From: Schuyler Grace ^lt;schuyler@bellsouth.net>
Date: 02/15/05-09:29:29 PM Z

I checked to make sure this wasn't dated April 1, so to refresh anyone who's
interested in lens basics: 30 inches is the focal length--the distance at
which at which the lens must be from the focal plane (film) to focus a
subject at infinity on the focal plane. The 30-inch lens I mentioned in my
e-mail before is only a few inches thick from front element to back element,
but the camera bellows has to rack out to ~30 inches to focus an object at
"infinity" on the ground glass.

-Schuyler