Aristo APHS Ortho Film Speed?

From: Sean ^lt;sean@lostprocess.com>
Date: 02/16/05-05:41:54 PM Z

Hi,

I have a new project with a typical low budget. I am documenting some small
National Parks/Monuments and would like to do the work in 8x20. The cost of
traditional film would be prohibitive, so I thought APHS just might fit the
bill. Maybe I'm dumb drunk, but I thought it would be worth a try. I checked
all of my APHS boxes and I couldn't find anything with a film speed on it. I
tried contacting Freestyle, but they were unresponsive.

My work with APHS in the darkroom has produced some beautiful continuous
tone negatives/positives for gravure and cyanotype, so I was hoping to skip
a few steps by having the negative as the final print size.

APHS too slow? Am I hoping to cheat too much? I hope not.

As always your input and guidance is most appreciated.

Regards,

Sean