Re: ULF lens wanted

From: SteveS ^lt;sgshiya@redshift.com>
Date: 02/20/05-02:57:22 AM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Judy Seigel" <jseigel@panix.com>
Subject: ULF lens wanted

-snip-
>He's looking for Gertz Dagor (or one or the other if they hadn't joined
>yet), or I think he said Helior, or some classic like that to use on a
>20x24 inch camera. Judy

Did your friend find his lens? Dagor, by the way, is an anogram for Double
Anastagmatic [by] Goerz. It's a design. While the lenses were made by
Goerz, after time, the design was remanufactured at the request [read
financed by] Doug Bush for his big camera. The camera failed because of the
weight. In my opinion, the heavier the large camera, the better because
they're steady; but there's a limit to its weight -- in a practical sense --
due to the size and shake from breezes or even shutter release.

Steve Shapiro