RE: EDTA

From: Eric Neilsen ^lt;e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 02/25/05-10:25:45 PM Z

Here is a less lame response.

The disodium when mixed with water will give you a pH of close to 7 (
perhaps a bit lower) where the tetra will give you a pH around 10. These
are values for mixed solutions used in clearing baths. I will use the
disodium as a first bath ( pH more like that of many developers) and then
finish with a bath mixed with tetra for a final bath. This works well with
papers that have a buffer in them. I am working from memory here so check
the pH values, but these should be close. The disodium generally cost more
in my experience, so I'd start with the tetra if that matters.

Eric Neilsen
http://ericneilsenphotography.com