Re: Removing Cyanotype Solution from a Stouffer Wedge

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@agx.st>
Date: 02/25/05-10:26:11 PM Z

From: Jack Brubaker <jack@jackbrubaker.com>
Subject: Re: Removing Cyanotype Solution from a Stouffer Wedge
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:36:18 -0500

> Has anyone had any luck coating the step wedge with an impervious
> coating or clear tape to protect it from staining and soil, and
> leave it washable?

A bit of spacer would blur the edges of each density panel, but this
trick can be used for the purpose you said. (If you are using silver
gelatin process, enlarging step tablet is another option, though care
must be used to account for lens flare---I use process/copy lens
mounted on a Copal self setting shutter stolen from a Land copy camera
for quick checks.)

Also, I wonder if any of the precision digital gang figured out how to
make cheap (and reasonably good) semi-disposable step tablet out of an
inkjet printer...

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Well, believing is all right, just don't let the wrong people know