Re: PET 1 Plastic Bottle Suitable for Cyanotype Sensitiser

From: angelmail437-alt@yahoo.com.au
Date: 01/02/05-06:54:05 PM Z

All plastics breathe somewhat -- some more than others. I would avoid plastic bottles for photo chemiclas.

I went to my pharmacy and was able to buy 100 ml glass bottles at a reasonable price. They even had some that had POISON stamped on the side (molded into the glass!) That would be a better option than having someone mistake your potassium ferricyanide for cough medicine in an emergency. Besides -- you can never truly get a plastic bottle clean after having sticky stuff in it. Could make for a reaction of some sort with your chemiclas.

Sally Makeham

http://www.snmakeham.com