RE: Iron Processes with Dichromate - calibrating curves

From: Eric Neilsen ^lt;e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 01/08/05-01:55:03 PM Z

Michael, If I were to try and create such a curve, I'd start with fresh
developer for each sample type i.e. Volume of developer with X amount of
dichromate. While keeping the % solution of dichromate constant, vary it's
concentration in several batches of developer. Go to an extreme of contrast
range within your developer so that the strongest one goes a touch beyond
your normal end point. I don't think you really need to concern yourself
with how it works, if you are measuring what it does, just that it does it
so much at a given concentration in the mix. Measure your results and
repeat those results with fresh chemistry. Go back and also use your
seasoned developers and compare results. Or just go about printing and
see if after measuring you can plot points and make good extrapolations
based on your data points.

But most important is have fun and be safe.

EJ

Eric Neilsen Photography

4101 Commerce Street

Suite 9