Re: Iron Processes with Dichromate - calibrating curves

From: sanking@CLEMSON.EDU
Date: 01/09/05-10:27:53 AM Z

I have been using dichromate to control contrast with kallitype for
several years, and have been doing the same with palladium for about a
year. I can not tell you the answer to your question as to exactly how
dichromate works in this process but I can give you a suggestion as to how
to use.

First, prepare a 5% stock solution of dichroimate. I use potassium but
ammonium or sodium would also work, though not with the same calibration.
Then, add dichromate to your developer as below to change contast
according to the DR of your negative.

DR 1.80 1ml of 5% dichromate per liter of developer
DR 1.65 2ml of 5% dichromte per liter
DR 1.50 4ml of 5% dichroimate per liter
DR 1.35