RE: EW

From: joachim oppenheimer ^lt;joachim2@optonline.net>
Date: 01/10/05-11:40:38 AM Z

The name of Morley Baer came up here. Some years ago he and I would get up
many mornings shortly after sunrise and take our cameras out for a ride in
his truck. He was never bitter but he related the many incidents of
anti-Semitism he endured as an architectural photographer. The photography
lesson I learned from him is contained in one word that he encouraged me to
study as the key to photography: LIGHT. For those who might also care about
the influences of Ansel Adams let me direct you to the January 2005 issue of
Art In America for how the senior Alfred Stiegletz influenced the much
younger Ansel Adams. Joachim