RE: Camera Arts Article/ getting paid

From: Christopher Lovenguth ^lt;chris@chrisportfolio.com>
Date: 01/14/05-11:01:55 AM Z

Well I think what happened is that originally someone from Camera Arts
inquired about me writing the article for them. Then she started saying that
it was great that I use a large format camera because that means it could go
in either publication (Camera Arts, View Camera). She mention a "pay per
word" option and would work out the details as things progressed. Then I got
passed on to someone at View Camera and all this was happening at a very
personal and complex transitional time in my life and I didn't work out the
details personally with the new person (I'm not naming people here because I
don't necessarily blame anyone). So I sent the article along, was placed in
the Nov/Dec issue and now I don't get any response from any of the two
people I was dealing with when I email them.

At the same time, I have a hard time trying to push all this hard because it
was an amazing opportunity for me. Not only that, they published four of my
images (the real important part in my mind). So it's hard for me to complain
that I didn't get paid. Catch 22.

-Chris