Re: Author frustration.

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 01/14/05-03:23:44 PM Z

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Jim Strain wrote:

> Odd. I had pretty good experiences with Mike. Quick responses and pretty
> quick publication no my two articles. Jim

I had a quick response too -- a savage attack for my daring to suggest in
a most adorable (and in fact complimentary) letter to the editor that
there were errors in Phil Davis's article(s) on gum printing. Tho in the
next breath he invited me to write an article on the topic myself.
However, this, too was laced with insults, while calling *me* "reflexively
nasty." I couldn't help observing that so far as I knew, up to that
moment, I'd never seen an article by a woman in the publication, except
maybe one on retouching. And so it went -- too bad he's not famouser: I
could publish the file & make some ripples, if not dough. But that may be
one reason he's not famouser-- too often shot himself in the foot.

What's not as clear to a lot of folks as it might be is that in many (if
not most) respects, men & women live in two different worlds. You might
not even believe that this very list, in the early days, was much the
same.

How many people think Martha Stewart would have gone to jail if she were
Matt Stewart?

Judy